Sunday, May 25, 2008

Braxton *#&$% Hicks

I've had far fewer BH contractions with this pregnancy overall. My doc says it's probably because I get more rest, have more access to the bathroom and am better hydrated since I'm not working. Completely valid.

However, all of a sudden it seems my body has realized it needs to squeeze this giant baby out (the average guess right now is around 9 lbs. - I'm huge) in the coming weeks, and is practicing with a vengeance.

They are definitely BH, not the real thing. But MAN are they annoying. They were actually waking me up last night because they are strong enough to squeeze all the air out of my lungs. I can only hope it will pay off when D-Day arrives.

Leave it to my uterus to function just like I do - wait until the last minute and then cram like crazy.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I had very strong BH's with both my pregnancies.

carrster said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear that...I don't think I had any... then again I think I was in labor for a full day before I went in to be checked (thus the super short delivery time) so I could just NOT HAVE A CLUE!

Good luck! You're ALMOST THERE!!! I can't wait to meet your new little one.

Meigan said...

Yuck. I remember those. I had them so badly with my 2nd. We went in to the hospital twice before the real thing.

The bright side is that labor was less than two hours - my body did all the work before we got there, it seemed.

Are you walking much? I found that was the only thing that helped. Otherwise it was miserable. Hugs! It will all be over soon!