Thursday, September 6, 2007

little of this, little of that

This has been a lost week. Other than some "back-to-school shopping" (for my 21-month-old) I have gotten very little done.

Kate took full advantage of our hot weather this week by enjoying the neighborhood wading pools. Thankfully, at least 50% of the time I actually managed to get a swimsuit on her before she got in the water. Other than that, it's 2-year molar time and she's been perfecting her whine. Oh, and throwing things. Any time I tell her "no" for any reason, whatever is in her little hands gets flung with fury. Any thoughts on fixing that one?

I haven't practiced since Tuesday. Not so good. I've just been really tired this week and not getting anything done. I'm at the point where I've done "good enough" practice on my orchestra music, but that's not "good enough" anymore. We have a new conductor this year, and I would hate to give him any reason to think that he needs to reaudition my chair! The Stokowski is in reasonable shape, although the treble clef runs on the last page are still a bit sticky. We're doing a Mozart flute concerto that is sight-readable. I still have some work to do on the Respighi. I'd never even heard of that piece before, but it is really lush and beautiful. Not to mention the first movement has a really gorgeous cello line - and a teeny solo for me! Sunday we'll finally get our hands on Higdon's blue cathedral. Can't wait to check it out!

I'm enjoying Tim Gunn's Guide to Style. Although it really, really makes me want to go shopping. I still want to lose 10-15 lbs. before I do any major shopping, not to mention "major" shopping for me these days doesn't mean much. I need to get back on the treadmill. You know, with all my free time.

3 comments:

Test said...

Tim's show is my replacement for What Not to Wear. And I just love him. Can't wait for the next season of Project Runway :)

gottagopractice said...

This is freaky. I reviewed your bio, and discover we have many likes in common. Then you mention TG, which is the book I bought for the plane ride on my current holiday. The only difference I've noticed (other than our generation) is that during the day you talk to kids and I talk to cats. It's so nice to meet you!

Online Poker said...

I here am casual, but was specially registered to participate in discussion.